Sunday, June 12, 2011

Dirk's Ring

As I'm sure everyone knows...Dirk Nowitzki and the rest of the Dallas Mavericks have just won the National Basketball Association's Championship. This is the pinnacle point of the season for obvious reason and I would like to touch on a few points. First, I was pulling for Dallas over the Miami Heat because Dirk has been in the league for quite some time and he has had few opportunities to win a championship ring. Late in his career, this may be his last NBA finals and I am glad he finally won. On the other hand, right after he won, Dirk exited the stage and did not shake any other the opposing players hands in good sportsmanlike manner. He returned to the stage with the rest of the team because they had to accept the trophy, but I did not like the way he didn't show any good conduct toward the Heat. It was fun to watch Miami play because of their stacked squad and entertaining finesse. And I'm glad that they didn't win the first year they tried this supergroup. They have a few more seasons to build a dynasty. Everything worked out as I wanted, and it was a great playoff series to watch.

3 comments:

  1. Greg-I'm a huge fan of LeBron so I of course was going for the Heat. I also agree with what you said about Dirk. It's dissapointing that he didn't show any better sportsmanship than that.It was a good game though, and I really like watching LeBron play.=)I am just now trying to get myself more into the NBA world as I have always been an avid fan of College Basketball above all. I have a lot to learn though with the NBA because I am out of the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lebron is King, but dirk is cool too. He has the greatest free throw form I've ever seen and when I was rooting for Miami, every free throw felt like a dagger. I think Dirk deserves a trophy and when you're at the top I guess you can act in whatever way you want to act. Anyways, I hope the management for the Miami Heat keep the roster as is and don't make any ignorant trades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lebron and the Heat made fun of him earlier in the series. I would not shake their hands either. They accused him of not really having a temperature when he was at 102. The Heat have no class why should he treat them like they do.

    ReplyDelete